fibers of mind

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I am waiting for the fiber from the Spindler's summer breeze exchange to arrive. I want to see if it would work for the mysterystole 2. I have some alpaca and silk which I have blended and will use if it doesn't ask to be the stole.
Meanwhile, I have gone back to the mystery Shawl 3. I THOUGHT I was finished with clue 1 when I stuck that lifeline in last March, but two rows into it, I realized that I had stopped before the end of the clue. So, after pulling out any progress, andpart of the lifeline with it, I eventually got things in gear and am almost ready to start clue 2 again.
The anniversary/garden shawl is blocked. I used a friend's blocking wires, and I hate to say it, but I was greatly disappointed. I used six wires, with 8 points on each wire. Perhaps 8 wires, with six points on each might have given a nicer stretch to the shawl. As it is, I didn't get the expansion I usually get, though it still looks nice. I will make sure my sister sends pics, once she gets it.

On another subject... I have a number of volunteers to test knit the bat cape I am working on. I hope to send the first part of the design to them by the end of the week. They should send progress pics, once they get started, and I hope will agree to my posting at least some of them. This is a lace plus texture design, which should make it an interesting knit. Once I finish it, and begin another, I think I will see if it is possible for me to do some in crochet as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home