fibers of mind

Saturday, November 03, 2007

I wish I remembered to blog more frequently!
I am straining my brain regarding the pi pattern on the knit and crochet along.The 48 row section went up yesterday, and I was staring at the computer, trying to get stuff ready for the 96 row section. I am SLOWLY coming up with ideas! I wish they were coming more rapidly! I have too much going on to come up with a designing block!
On a different topic, my son, who is subject to bouts of depression, tells me that sometimes, I should just tell him to look up and giggle. Now, if I tell him that while he is crying, I wonder if he can actually comply? (That's a mind question, as opposed to a fiber one.)
The same son has been wearing the mobias style vest I did for the Holiday Mystery Gifts, and loving it. I made a whole one for the knit, but didn't make a full one for the crochet version. When I get more time, I may make that one for ME! It is incredible how fast that thing was going, even though I followed my fall back method of starting it, and working a weird convoluted thing that leaves out all but the gauge, and the shaping sections. This makes for some strange looking items, but does test the directions!
I got a really nice Trick or Treat swap gift. It was a pattern for mitts, sock yarn to make them with, and the two sets of needles needed to make the pattern. There was also soap, lipbalm, halloweeny beads, some candy, and these thingys that you pull open, and they pop. Perhaps that was to be the trick, but the fact that it was anonymous was also a trick. There were actually two books in it. (One my DH snabbed to read.) All of this was in a felt halloween bag.
I made the witch's cauldron pattern for this swap, but then posted it as well. I waited until almost Halloween to post the trick that goes with the cauldron. I sent along some Lamb's Pride black, with some Hershey's extra dark chocolate sticks inside. Witch Miss Seaton, was the book that fit the Halloween themes, and I found some cool candy/toy combinations to send. At the last moment, I threw in some earrings that I had intended to make stitch markers with, but had never seemed to get around to it. Perhaps their new owner will do better! I also sent a silly Halloween bag, and a witchy looking rubber ducky. I forgot to get a delivery confirmation number, and sweated until my swap pal posted that she received it (On Halloween...almost two weeks in transit!) Whew!
Well, it is bedtime, so I had better get a move on here.
Until later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home