fibers of mind

Sunday, December 10, 2023

 I just finished my first pjoning project: a pair of child's mittens. They will go to the hat tree at Shreve Library, along with another batch of hats. I have been making scarf/hats, because, why not? I got my old addi express king size circular knitting machine back from my daughter-in-law. She hadn't been using it, and had stored it at her mother's place. (Her mother was ready to give it away, not realizing it was Not a toy.) I have been taking pictures, so if I ever figure out how to post, perhaps I will.

As to the pjoning (shepherd's knitting, Bosnian crochet) I have purchased the actual tool. It works SOOOOO much better than a modern crochet hook! I want to teach this at Just For Fun, and we will have proper tools. (We will also  have a couple of modern hooks, so folks can experience the difference!) Amy, my new volunteer, has begun to experiment with making the tools. I think it is great that she is doing this on her own initiative, no urging on my part! I have hopes for a productive partnership, here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home